- Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) at Duke University – CASE is a research and education center based at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business that promotes the entrepreneurial pursuit of social impact through the thoughtful adaptation of business expertise.
- Enterprising Non-Profits’ Social Enterprise Learning Toolkit – Enterprising Non-Profits (enp) is a collaborative program that provides grants and technical assistance to non-profit organizations to support the development or growth of their social enterprises. enp offers a Social Enterprise Learning Toolkit that comprises eight modules on governance, leadership, blended value design, product & markets, business operations, customer relations, marketing and risk analysis.
- NextBillion – NextBillion.net is a website and blog bringing together the community of business leaders, social entrepreneurs, NGOs, policy makers and academics who want to explore the connection between development and enterprise.
- Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship – The Skoll Centre is a leading global entity for the advancement of of social entrepreneurship that fosters innovative social transformation through education, research, and collaboration.
- Skoll Foundation – The Skoll Foundation drives large-scale change by investing in, connecting, and celebrating social entrepreneurs and other innovators dedicated to solving the world’s most pressing problems.
- Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship – The Skoll World Forum is an annual conference at the University of Oxford aimed at accelerating entrepreneurial approaches and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing social issues.
- Social Edge – Social Edge is a global online community where social entrepreneurs and other practitioners of the social benefit sector connect to network, learn, inspire and share resources.
- Yunus Centre – The Yunus Centre is an organization aimed at promoting and disseminating Muhammad Yunus’ social business model through events, social media, publications, and websites.
- IDEO’s Human-Centered Design Toolkit- The HCD Toolkit was designed specifically for NGOs and social enterprises that work with impoverished communities in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and walks users through the human-centered design process and supports them in activities such as building listening skills, running workshops, and implementing ideas.
- OpenIDEO – OpenIDEO is a dynamic online platform for creative thinkers to contribute inspirations, comments, and concepts to collaborate on tackling significant global challenges.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review – The SSIR is a monthly journal offering articles on insights, research, and practical experiences from those on the searching for new and better ways of improving the world, including leaders in the fields of non-profit management, corporate social responsibility, social entrepreneurship, and philanthropy.
- Asian Venture Philanthropy Network – AVPN seeks to grow and develop the venture philanthropy movement in Asia by providing a range of support to its membership community, which is comprised of organizations practicing or supporting venture philanthropy in the Asia Pacific region.
- 30-second MBA – The 30-second MBA is an ongoing video curriculum? of really good advice from the trenches, directly from people who are making business happen.
- Barefoot MBA – The Barefoot MBA is a core set of business concepts fundamental to the entrepreneurial success of poor, uneducated villagers, told through a collection of simple, contrasting stories.
- SME toolkit – The SME Toolkit is an online resource of free software, business forms, tools, training and more aimed at supporting entrepreneurs to grow their businesses. The SME Toolkit is a program of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, and is available in multiple languages through local partners around the world.
- Inc.com – Inc.com is a place where entrepreneurs and business owners can find useful information, advice, insights, resources and inspiration for running and growing their businesses.
- MaRS entrepreneur toolkit – MaRS is where science, technology and social entrepreneurs get the help they need.
- Under30CEO – Under30CEO is a global membership organization driving young entrepreneurs to build profitable businesses, lead people and solve problems.
- Impact Reporting and Investment Standards (IRIS) – IRIS is a common language for describing the social and environmental performance of an organization. IRIS provides an independent and credible set of metrics for organizations to use when reporting their impact in a range of sectors including financial services, agriculture, and energy.
- LawForChange – LawForChange is a unique legal resource, providing relevant legal tools, information, blogs and forums for people and organizations dedicated to improving lives and bringing about positive social change.
- Socentlaw – Socentlaw is a blog that discusses the legal challenges and opportunities that the social enterprise movement faces as it transitions into maturity.
- TrustLaw Connect – TrustLaw is a global hub for pro bono legal work and a free source of news and information about good governance. TrustLaw Connect is a free legal advice service, designed to make it simpler both for lawyers to engage in pro bono work and NGOs and social entrepreneurs to access free legal assistance.
Articles and Reports
Social Venture Management
- The Governance of Social Enterprises – A guide from the Schwab Foundation on putting in place governance mechanisms including boards of directors.
- Nonprofit-Owned Franchises: A Strategic Business Approach – A report prepared by Community Wealth Ventures, Inc and IFA Educational Foundation discussing for-profit franchise operation as a means of revenue generation for nonprofit organizations. Includes US based case studies.
Social Venture Funding
- From Blueprint to Scale: The Case for Philanthropy in Impact Investing – A report produced by Monitor Group in Collaboration with Acumen Fund discussing how philanthropy is the essential but often overlooked catalyst that unlocks the impact potential of inclusive business and impact investing.